Don't Wait, Enroll Today
IMPORTANT: If you do not elect your benefits during the annual Open Enrollment period or within 31 days of your date of hire, you will not have Roper St. Francis Healthcare health plan coverage until the next year unless you have a qualified life event as defined by the IRS.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Health Savings Account
Our Health Savings Account Administrator is Optum Financial (formerly known as ConnectYourCare).
When you enroll in the Alliance Save plan, a Health Savings Account will be automatically opened for you through Optum Financial . Roper St. Francis Healthcare’s contribution into your HSA will be deposited into your account. The amount of the contribution is detailed below in “How much will Roper St. Francis Contribute to my HSA?”
What is a Health Savings Account?
How much will Roper St. Francis Healthcare contribute to my HSA?
What is the maximum contribution I can make into my HSA?
The 2022 maximum HSA contribution limits (including Roper St. Francis Healthcare’s contribution) as set by the IRS are as follows:
- $3,650 single insured
- $7,300 family insured
- $1,000 55+ catch-up contribution
The 2023 maximum HSA contribution limits (including Roper St. Francis Healthcare’s contribution) as set by the IRS are as follows:
- $3,850 single insured
- $7,750 family insured
- $1,000 55+ catch-up contribution
Your pre-tax* contributions can be made at any time during the year in any increment, including the following.
- All at once at the beginning of the year
- All at once at the end of the year
- In equal amounts during the year
* Post-tax direct contributions are not allowed. However, you are able to edit your pre-tax payroll contributions at any time during the plan year.
Who is eligible for an HSA?
- A person must be covered simultaneously by a qualified HDHP.
- The HSA enrollee cannot be covered by any other health insurance plan, such as a spouse’s plan
- The HSA enrollee must not be enrolled in Medicare
- The HSA enrollee cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s federal income tax return
How do I use my HSA?
You will also receive a ConnectYourCare/Optum Financial Visa® Debit Card to use for qualified medical expenses at doctors’ offices, hospitals, and pharmacies. When you use the card to pay for services, the payment is automatically withdrawn from your account. Just keep receipts for your own records.
Monthly statements and annual tax documents are issued for the HSA deposit account and Mutual Fund Investment Account, and can be accessed through the web portal or mailed to your address on file if elected through the portal. You may access your HSA through the web portal at rsfh.optumfinancial.com or through the Optum Financial mobile app. (Learn more, including download information, at Benefits Apps,)
What is allowable for HSA payments or distributions?
What happens if I use my HSA funds for non-medical expenses?
What happens to my HSA if I leave Roper St. Francis Healthcare?
Summary of HSA advantages
- Triple Tax Advantages – Pre-tax contributions to your HSA, tax-exempt interest and investment gains on your HSA and tax-free withdrawals from your HSA for qualified medical expenses
- Unprecedented Control – You are now in control of how your health care dollars are used – save or spend, it’s your choice
- Portability – Your HSA is an account that you own and remains in place regardless of where you work or what insurance company you are insured by
- Flexibility – Your HSA contributions can be used to pay for a wide range of eligible medical expenses not typically covered by low deductible health insurance or other health care accounts
- Planning for the Future – HSA contributions can be directed toward long-term investment vehicles, such as mutual funds, to maximize the future value of your HSA